Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Pump it Up

Exercise is important for a healthy lifestyle. I brought it up in my last post, but I want to go into more depth. For stay at home moms/wives/husbands/workers exercise is a big thing. We get to move around, cleaning house, doing yard work and running all over town when we have to, but that doesn't always work out so well.

After my daughter was born nearly 10 years ago it was hard to lose the baby weight, but I did it. Through really hard work. Now, at 34 it's hard to keep weight off at all. So, a daily exercise routine is important. The lower my body weight the less my knee hurts. It's pretty simple.

Anyway, on with my routine. Over summer my routine nearly vanishes. Trying to cut half an hour out of my daughters "fun summer" is hard, but I have high hopes as she gets older. Last week I started my routine again. This year it's changed a little, like it does every year. That first week gives me an idea of how much I need to catch up on and where I stand in stamina and strength.

So, last week went like this...

Monday - Low impact step aerobics. I tried a new video I found on YouTube, but quickly realized returning to my normal step routine would be best. The steps in the new video just didn't mesh well with what I can do. My normal routine can be changed up to last anywhere from 10 minutes to half an hour.

Tuesday - Yoga. I've been doing yoga for years, long before my daughter was born. Still, I tried a new video again. This time I found a nice morning yoga for beginners that I love. I may have been doing yoga for years, but that doesn't mean I want to twist into a pretzel.

Wednesday - Okay, I was going to try a new belly work out on that morning, but that didn't work out. I ended up doing another round of my step aerobics. At this point I can only hold it for about 10 minutes without feeling it in my knee, but I know in a few weeks I'll be up to half an hour.

Thursday - The routine repeats start here. This was a yoga morning. I tried the new video again and still liked it.

Friday - Another step day. Not bad. I manged to make it through the work out and then go out and help my grandmother-in-law paint part of her house.

That may not seem like much, but for me it was a lot. I've learned to start slow if I want to stick with a workout routine. Trying to rush in and take on the hardest workout possible is one of the reasons so many people give up not long after they start. Build a routine and build yourself up to where you want to be. It'll work out much better.

This week I've continued to follow the routine I started last week. Tomorrow, Wednesday, I plan on trying that new belly workout. Over the next few weeks I'll increase the time until I'm working out for at least a half hour everyday. For me, that has always been a nice easy amount of time to cut out of the day.

That's all for today. Take care friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment